1pm and 3pmScenic Walkway, Jamison Valley
30 September 2017 - 8 October 2017
Watch the Jamison Valley come alive these school holidays as threatened birds take to the air for a free interactive bird show set among an ancient rainforest.
Marvel at the beauty of some of Australia’s most spectacular bird species as they fly overhead in an outdoor amphitheatre, and discover how these incredible creatures thrive in their natural habitat.
Visitors can also meet a few scaly friends after the show and learn about reptiles as they hold them in their own hands.
Take Flight is a free 20 minute showcase held at 1pm and 3pm on weekdays during the school holidays from September 25 to October 6.
To allow ample travel time to the stage, located along the Scenic Walkway, visitors must purchase a Scenic World ticket for entry at least one hour before the show; at 12pm or 2pm.
Take Flight – need to know information
- Take Flight runs twice a day for 20 minutes on weekdays from September 25 to October 6 at 1pm and 3pm
- Entry to the show is free with your Scenic World Unlimited Discovery Pass, however capacity is limited
- The show takes place on the Scenic Walkway in the Jamison Valley
- Visitors can meet and pat a few reptiles from the local area after the show, with the support of trained staff
- Visitors must purchase a Scenic World ticket for entry at least one hour before the show to allow time to travel to the stage. For example, visitors to the 1pm Take Flight showcase must purchase a Scenic World Unlimited Discovery pass for no later than 12pm
- If Take Flight is unable to proceed due to wet weather then the stars of the show will be available for a “meet and greet”
- We strongly advise you pre book your Scenic World Unlimited Discovery pass online, as school holiday sessions often sell out
Take Flight is a joint initiative between Scenic World and Feathered Friends, a sanctuary for sick and injured birds based in Western Sydney.