COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- subscribe to eNews on the website www.scenicworld.com.au (Website) or purchase passes or tickets or goods via the Website;
- dine with us;
- purchase goods in our shop;
- inquire about venue hire;
- provide feedback on any of the products or services on the Website; or
- otherwise use the Website or interact with any of our social media accounts,
we will collect information about you. This may include your name, email address, home address, telephone number and other contact information.
When you purchase your tickets, passes or goods on the Website or at Scenic World on site, we may also collect other information, such as your:
- shopping habits and preferences;
- geographic location; and
which will only be recorded by us in an anonymous, aggregated format and will not contain any identifiable personal information.
All personal data and information described above is stored on restricted database servers.
If you do not provide the information required to subscribe to eNews or to purchase passes, tickets or goods on the Website, we may not be able to provide you with the goods or services you request or the level of service that we pride ourselves on.
We may also collect non-personal, aggregated information pertaining to the use of the Website, such as:
- the length of time you spend on the Website;
- from which site you link from to arrive at the Website; and
- to which sites you link in leaving the Website
However the source of such information will not be personally identifiable.
USE OF DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
The information we collect about you will be disclosed by Scenic World to its related bodies corporate.
You consent to the use or disclosure of your information in connection with the following purposes:
- providing our services to you;
- improving and tailoring your experience at Scenic World;
- marketing or promoting the services provided by and events held at Scenic World;
- conducting word of mouth campaigns for services provided by and events held at Scenic World;
- sending you information about Scenic World news and offers;
- where the use or disclosure is permitted under the Act; and
- where the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law.
Where the information collected relates to a person’s usage of the Website, the collection of this information allows us to, among other things, anticipate traffic load demands, efficiently manage and deliver the Website as well as associated email communication.
We will not send any direct marketing to you unless you have opted-in to receive direct marketing communications from us or our third party suppliers. If and when we do send you direct marketing information (for example, emails):
- such direct marketing will generally be sent on behalf of our third party suppliers; and
- we will also give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving any further direct marketing.
Every time that we send emails or other materials for marketing or promotional purposes, our communications will contain instructions on how you may opt out of receiving direct marketing.
You can also opt out of receiving direct marketing from us by contacting our Privacy Officer, on the details provided below.
DATA QUALITY AND SECURITY
We will take reasonable steps to:
- ensure that all Personal Information we collect is accurate, complete and up to date;
- ensure that all Personal Information we use or disclose, having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure, is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant;
- protect the Personal Information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or de-identify Personal Information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed under this
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have the right at any time, under the Act, to access, review, update, or change Personal Information which we hold about you on request to us as long as your request is in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, except in certain limited circumstances (for example, where an applicable law requires us to limit or deny such access).
Before providing you with a copy or your Personal Information or correction, or updating such information, we reserve the right to verify and authenticate your identity and the Personal Information to which you have requested access. You can use the links immediately below or contact us by email, mail or by telephone to request access to or to correct your Personal Information. We will endeavour to process your request within a reasonable period after the request is made.
Where we provide you with access to your Personal Information we may do so subject to the payment of a reasonable charge, as determined by us.
If you demonstrate to us that the Personal Information we hold about you is not, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, accurate, complete, up to date, relevant or is misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete, up to date, relevant and not misleading.
If we refuse to provide you with access to or permit you to correct the Personal Information held about you by us, then we will provide a written notice containing reasons for such refusal and the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal within a reasonable time.
Commonly used by most sites, cookies enable Scenic World to track any user login names and any passwords created within our Website. When you revisit the Website, these cookies allow us to confirm your status as a subscriber and direct you to preferred pages. Information such as IP address, internal session ID, user’s domain, and internet browser type and domain names may be collected and used for traffic auditing and analysis.
DEALING WITH US ANONYMOUSLY OR USING PSEUDONYM
You may deal with us anonymously or by using pseudonym for the purposes of general inquiries about our goods and services. However, it may not be possible for us to provide you with any of our goods or services unless you provide your Personal Information.
- to any corporate information (unless it is also about any identifiable person);
HOW TO CONTACT US
Name: Amanda Byrne
Address: 1 Violet Street, Katoomba NSW 2780 Australia
Telephone: 1300 SKYWAY or +61 2 4780 0200
Facsimile: 1800 SKYWAY or +61 2 4782 5675
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may take your complaint to an external body recognised by the Information Commissioner or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Please see the OAIC’s website.