Whether you want to soak up the views and rainforest smells, enjoy local food, art and shopping, or both, there’s plenty to explore before your Scenic World experience starts.
Remember! Check local alerts and signs for updates on lookouts and walking tracks or visit NSW National Parks.
1. PRINCE HENRY CLIFF WALK - A beautiful cliff top walk to the top of Katoomba Waterfall
(—40 minutes return walk, start from Katoomba Falls Kiosk - no entry to/from Scenic World from 26 December - 2 January)
2. CAHILLS LOOKOUT - Epic views over the beautiful Megalong Valley (—20 minutes return drive)
3. ECHO POINT - The closest to get to the Three Sisters (—20 minutes return drive with paid parking or 1.5-hour return walk)
4. BLUE MOUNTAINS EXPLORER BUS - Jump on a red double decker bus for a one-hour sightseeing loop of Katoomba and Leura. Departs Katoomba Falls every hour at 15 minutes past the hour, from 9.15am to 4.15pm. $29 Adults and kids ride free. Buy tickets online or from the driver.
5. KATOOMBA STREET ART WALK - A dynamic, community driven project showcasing world-class street art. (Beverly Place, Katoomba — a 5-minute drive into town)
6. BLUE MOUNTAINS CULTURAL CENTRE – Includes the Blue Mountains City Art Gallery and Into the Blue, an interactive exhibition that explores the history and natural landscape of the Blue Mountains. Enjoy the viewing platform with panoramic vistas of Katoomba and the Jamison Valley. (30 Parke Street, Katoomba – a 5-minute drive into the centre of Katoomba, parking onsite - enter via Coles parking. Closed public holidays).
7. LEURA VILLAGE - A 10-minute drive East (towards Sydney) will take you to a charming village full of established gardens, cafes and boutiques. Great spot for lunch - or enjoy a picnic at the picturesque Leura Cascades picnic and a short walk to the cascades.
8. HYDRO MAJESTIC – A 10-minute drive West (on way to Blackheath, towards Bathurst) will take you to the oldest and grandest hotel in the Blue Mountains. Full of history, it offers breathtaking views of the Megalong Valley. Stop for coffee or indulge in formal high tea.
9. BLACKHEATH VILLAGE - A 15-minute drive West (towards Bathurst) will take you to this popular village. Grab a coffee or lunch and head to Memorial Park home of the Blackheath Rocket. A great place to relax while the kids run wild. Check out the incredible view at Evan’s Lookout while you are there.
10. WENTWORTH FALLS - A 15-minute drive East (towards Sydney) will take you to see panoramic views including the majestic Wentworth Falls. There is a picnic area and walking tracks to suit all levels. Duck into quaint Wentworth village and enjoy a bite to eat and shops with mountain made goodies.