To help stop the spread of coronavirus, we’ve made some changes. Please understand visiting Scenic World will not be the same experience it was before COVID-19. Frequently Asked Covid-19 questions and latest updates can be viewed here.
Passes are available ONLINE ONLY with timed-ticket entry for all guests. Your experience starts sharply at the time of your booking to allow for check in. Please check the 'Arrival Time' on your ticket.
We are a COVIDsafe experience. Due to physical distancing, capacity is limited across the venue, please check and book available sessions in advance of arriving.
There are two ticket options offered currently, these are:
- Take in World heritage panoramas with a return trip between clifftops on the Scenic Skyway
- Descend into the Jamison Valley on the Scenic Railway, the world’s steepest train
- Stroll under the canopy of an extraordinary temperate rainforest on the 10-minute Scenic Walkway boardwalk
- Glide past ancient sandstone cliffs, the Three Sisters & Orphan Rock on the Scenic Cableway
The Scenic Pass experience is around 60 minutes and suitable for those with accessibility needs. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, and to keep everyone COVIDSafe, only the short 10-minute boardwalk is open to Scenic Pass holders.
Sculpture at Scenic World (April 1—May 2)
- Glide past Katoomba Falls and the Three Sisters on the Scenic Skyway
- A choice of either the Scenic Railway or Cableway into the rainforest
- Discover dozens of world class sculptural works along the Scenic Walkway
- Rise out of the valley on the Scenic Railway or Cableway
- Each ticket also provides 1x entry to the Blue Mountains Cultural Centre
Child = 4-13 years (children under 4 years are free!). Add more children at discounted Child Pass price.
Sculpture at Scenic World is not wheelchair accessible and will provide challenges for those with accessibility needs. The Scenic Railway is unable to accommodate mobility devices, or prams.
The experience takes around 90 minutes.
Some things haven’t changed a bit:
- Crisp, fresh air and epic World Heritage Blue Mountains landscapes;
- Amazing ride engineering;
- Exceptional customer service;
- Unforgettable memories made with your favourite folks; and
- The Terrace Cafe and Mary's Lookout—available to all, even without a ticket
Safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff remains Scenic World’s constant priority. To help stop the spread of coronavirus, we have worked with health and safety experts to implement enhanced cleaning and safe hygiene processes that meet all requirements.
We have increased the number and frequency of our already thorough cleaning procedures. High touch points are sanitised with disinfectant, including ride cabins every hour plus a deep clean in each cabin, every 2 hours.
With these additional COVIDsafe measures across site and on our rides, we have reduced our capacity and are permitted to carry up to 60 guests on each ride, as our rides are considered 'public transport'.
As per Government advice in relation to Public Transport, all visitors over 12 must wear a mask on our rides
Throughout your visit, we ask you to please observe physical distancing, cover your cough and practice safe hand hygiene at the many hand sanitiser stations across site.
We’re sure the peace of mind provided by our enhanced measures allows you to focus on fun!
HOW TO BOOK
Due to physical distancing, capacity is limited across the venue – booking ahead online is essential, including for our valued Annual Pass Members.
Passes are available ONLINE ONLY with timed-ticket entry for all guests. During your visit, please note Scenic World is cashless, with contactless pay wherever possible.
Please note your experience starts sharply at the time of your booking, to allow for check in.
COVID-19 CONDITION OF ENTRY
As per Government advice in relation to Public Transport, all visitors over 12 must wear a mask on our rides. We strongly advise you bring your own mask, or you can purchase one at our ticket desk. For more detail on our current COVIDSafe operations and procedures, click here.
If you have been asked to self-isolate, have any cold or flu-like symptoms, or if you have been overseas in the past 14 days, please do not visit Scenic World.
To be COVIDSafe, upon your arrival you will be required to check in via QR code and asked the following questions as a condition of entry.
- Do you have any cold or flu-like symptoms?
- Are you waiting for a COVID-19 test result; traveled from overseas in the past 14 days; or been told to self-isolate?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Have you visited any of the locations/venues flagged by NSW Health here?
Additional questions may be asked depending on the current Covid-19 situation.
These necessary safeguards help protect you and our team – we’re sure experiencing the beautiful Blue Mountains outweighs any inconvenience. Please contact our Experience Planners if you need to change your booking date due to the above conditions.
Scenic World is located in the Blue Mountains, a World Heritage region west of Sydney, Australia. We operate extended hours during selected days in the Summer holidays, visit our Tickets page for more information.
Scenic World is less than two hours’ travel time (~100km) by car via the M4 & Great Western Highway. Free undercover parking is available in our multi storey carpark on site. Tesla Connector charging points for electric vehicles are available to the public in our multi storey carpark with 240v 10A 3 pin wall outlets (up to 22kW).
Sydney Trains operate between Central Station and Katoomba Station on the Blue Mountains Line. Scenic World is located 3km from Katoomba Station, accessible via the Blue Mountains Explorer Bus or the public bus Route 686 which both stop outside our Main Entry.
Important Note: Drone Use Prohibited
The recreational use of drones – including launching, landing or operating – is strictly prohibited within Scenic World’s airspace. Drones or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) dangerously interfere with critical aerial cabling, significantly impacting on Scenic World operations. Drones intrude on visitor privacy and also potentially disturb wildlife.
Drone use by licensed pilots for commercial or media purposes must receive prior written approval via email@example.com. Scenic World is adjacent to the Blue Mountains National Park. Drone use within this space must comply with civil aviation laws and the National Parks & Wildlife Service Drones in Parks Policy.